XS = 6 lbs, 7" diameter (Red) S = 8 lbs, 9" diameter (Blue) M = 10 lbs, 9" diameter (Gold) L = 12 lbs, 9" diameter (Black) XL = 15 lbs, 11" diameter (Green)
What is a Medicine Ball?
Medicine Balls are weighted balls that come in a variety of sizes and weights. There are balls that bounce (gel or water filled) and balls that don't bounce, called dead balls (often sand filled). They range from the size of a baseball to larger than a basketball. The surface can be smooth or textured.
Balls have been used for training since the time of the ancient Greeks and the first Olympics: the concept is not new! They are versatile conditioning tools and can be used in many different situations, from rehabilitation to performance enhancement. Some advantages Medicine Balls have over dumbbells include an ability to be easily gripped in one hand. For best results, use this medicine ball for floor work, tossing, catching and core work, not extreme impact drills..
Why train with a Medicine Ball?
1. Great for explosive training or endurance training.
2. Allows you to perform exercises in more than one plane of motion, unlike most machines.
3. Medicine Ball exercises allow you to closely simulate the patterns and speed of movement that occur in sports and different work environments.
4. Medicine Ball exercises also develop the central nervous system. They improve stabilizer and neutralizer strength by increasing demand on a neuromuscular level.
5. There is a high functional carry-over into athletic performance and every day life.