TITLE Boxing Blog
How to Set Up a Speed Bag
1. Assembling the platform. Mount the chrome speed bag swivel with the four 1-1/4” bolts, washers and lock nuts provided to the bottom side middle of the round board. The bottom side of the board is the side that will face down and be the side that you actually hit the speed bag against when working out. The bottom side of the board has four pilot holes drilled for mounting the swivel in the middle, and four inset bolt head holes for mounting the board to the long metal double T-frame.
2. Next attach the metal double T-Frame to the top of the round wooden board with the four 1-3/4” flat head bolts, washers and nuts.
3. Determine the ideal height for hanging the platform. The average height to hang the wooden platform is 6’ high (72”). This allows the speed bag to hang at ideal height for average adults. The platform adjusts vertically about 8”, so you can determine your ideal height to hang the side-H wall brace to adjust up and down for your particular needs or users.
4. Attach the metal side-H wall bracket to your desired wall with the round female recepticil hole towards the top with the wall mounting hardware included (4 lag screws and 4 plastic expanding masonry anchors). Use a level to make sure you have the wall mount evenly. You will need to drill pilot holes into your wall or brace boards first. If attaching to a wood stud wall, you will need to first attach two horizontal brace boards into the wood studs to securely support the platform. For attaching to masonry walls, you will need to also use the expanding plastic anchors included.
5. Attach the speed bag platform -- with the metal double-T frame on top to the long vertical back adjustment square pole with the two Red spring loaded bolts on the right side. Pull the Red metal handles out and back to continue tightening the Red spring loaded bolt fasteners (with ratchet action). Secure both spring loaded bolts and tighten securely.
6. Slide the back square pole with the platform attached into the wall bracket. Find the ideal height you want and screw the Red round bolt into the closest pre-drilled hole in the back square pole. Next insert the other Red round bolt into the right side and tighten securely.
7. To fold the platform downwards between uses simply loosen the two Red spring loaded bolts on the top right side, pull the platform forward (towards you) and down. This stores the platform down and out of the way between uses.
• Make sure to use at least two people to assemble and hang the speed bag platform.
• It is always recommended to use two adults to adjust the height of the platform.
• Check the two Red spring loaded bolts on the top right and the two Red round bolts that adjust the height for secure tightness before every use, as the vibration from workouts on the speed bag platform can loosen these over time.
• Always consult a physician before beginning any workout and exercise program.
• It is recommended that you always use hand wraps and well-padded gloves every time you use the speed bag.